What is Red yeast rice Extract ?
Red yeast rice powder has been used in China for centuries as both a food and as a medicinal substance. It is made by fermenting a type of yeast called Monascus purpureus over red rice. In Chinese medicine, Monascus purpureus is used to promote blood circulation, soothe upset stomach, and invigorate the function of the spleen, a body organ that destroys old blood cells and filters foreign substances.
In addition, this dietary supplement has been used traditionally for bruised muscles, hangovers, indigestion, and colic in infants. Recently, it has been discovered that Monascus purpureus contains substances that are similar to prescription medications that lower cholesterol. There is also growing interest in evaluating red yeast rice for use as a natural food dye and preservative.
Red yeast rice has been used in China for centuries as both a food and as a medicinal substance. red yeast rice is obtained through fermentation of Non-Gmo rice with monascus purpureus which is made from high-quality& non-genetically modified rice with natural solid-liquid fermentation and state out of a natural lovastatin (Monacolin K),have a good stability and good effects on lowering cholesterol.
Monacolin k: the benefit of red yeast rice is attributed to the presence of HMG-COA reduetase inhibitor ,that control the amount of cholesterol produced in the liver ,it has been hypothesized that relatively high concentrations of unsaturated fatty acids and other natural compounds found in Red Yeast rice may work in concert with HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors to provide additional health benefit
Ergosterol :prevent osteoporosis.
Y-aminobutyric acid :reduce blood pressure.
Natural Isoflavone:prevent menopause syndrome and osteoporosis
1. With the function of lowering blood pressure and total cholesterol and triglycerides;
2. With the function of improving blood circulation and benefiting stomach;
3. Antioxidant, preventing coronary heart disease and atherosclerosis;
4. With the function of reducing the occurring of Alzheimer's disease.
1. As raw materials of drugs for lowering blood pressure and Alzheimer's disease, it is mainly used in
2. As active ingredient of products for improving blood circulation and benefiting stomach, it is mainly
used in health product industry;
3. As food supplements and natural pigment, it is widely used in food industry.